Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a BI Engineer to help us build our major data assets, provide visibility into our existing operations/performance and help create a scientific data-driven culture. Find opportunities in the data to shift our product focus, set a culture of rigorous experimental testing and drive reporting, ETL and data quality. At Spocket, a BI Developer will drive strategic decisions on products and infrastructure, and influence product managers/leadership to take new initiatives. To do this job successfully, you need mastery of SQL, strong quantitative logic, core statistical knowledge, strong technical background and instinctive product sense.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Will be bringing visibility to our success by defining, developing and maintaining critical business/operational reports and KPIs.
- Set KPIs and goals, design and evaluate experiments, monitor key product metrics, understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- Own our data infrastructure and data models, contribute by designing and implementing new data models and ETL solutions.
- Collaborating with software development teams to implement accurate backend /web tracking and guarantee accurate data representation, or contribute yourself (an advantage).
- Apply your expertise in data analysis and data presentation to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our growth products.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Develop a scientific culture for product experimentation.
- Work with Product and Engineering to define the business problems and create solutions by collaboratively working with others.
- Visualize and communicate results to leadership in Product.
We’re excited to have you because you have…
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering, economics, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or a similar quantitative field.
- 3+ years experience doing data analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company.
- SQL expertise, prior success working with complex multi-layer SQL scripts.
- Experience in Software Engineering or Data Engineering (ETL , Web APIs).
- Proven experience leading company’s reporting, data-cleaning and data augmentation initiatives.
- Proven experience leading data-driven product experiments from definition to execution: defining KPIs, designing the experiment (A/B testing) , communicating actionable insights.
- Proven experience contributing to product development through actionable data insights.
- Demonstrated ability to directly partner with business owners to understand the requirements.
- Experience with Python, R or any other scripting language.
- Fundamental statistical knowledge.
Nice to have:
- Successful track record of end-to-end data ownership.
- AWS ecosystem experience, especially for data engineering.
- Experience with Web & mobile products.
- Statistical Analysis, Supervised/Unsupervised Learning.
You’re excited about joining us because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup, and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an excellent and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building a fantastic company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!