Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a passionate content manager who is as excited about being a champion for the Spocket brand and product voice. This role will be central to building on Spocket’s content, from blogs and articles, to social media and email campaigns.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop, manage and create content based on existing and future business and marketing objectives.
- Implement a cohesive system for editing and optimizing all website copy ensuring content meets appropriate guidelines (e.g., SEO).
- Develop, plan, and manage multiple editorial calendars.
- Refresh and repurpose old content to improve relevance and audience engagement.
- Edit, optimize, and publish long and short-form blog content.
- Manage freelance content writers (hours, words, payment).
- Onboard all new freelance content creators to ensure they have access to the necessary tools and resources.
- Distribute comprehensive writing briefs and keyword lists for freelance writers based on high-ranking potential and thought leadership opportunities.
- Conduct weekly competitor analyses to identify and act on content gaps.
- Work with the Growth team to monitor audience engagement across all brand touchpoints — measure against content KPIs.
- Conduct weekly keyword research and target high-converting keywords.
- Search for new backlinking and guest blogging opportunities to create a sound backlink profile and increase domain authority.
- Identify new themes and topics for content based on trends and cultural signals.
- Act as secondary point of contact for syndicate publications, partnership blogs, and vendor relations.
We’re excited to have you because…
- Strong communication, written skills, and interpersonal skills.
- You have experience with SEO.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong organizational abilities and a good attention to detail.
- Ability to form strong relationships with multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Fluent in social, web and channel trends.
- Ability to work independently and make well-thought-out decisions.
- You have an eagerness to learn, insatiable curiosity, a passion for tech and for product-led growth.
- Bonus points for knowledge about Shopify/WooCommerce/BigCommerce/Wix.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!