Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a high-energy Data Architect to take our product search to the next level! This is a consultant based position. If this sounds like you, then read on!
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Configure and customize Elasticsearch functionality (e.g. indexes, customized analyzer, fuzzy search, synonym filters and so on) for the new solution.
- Be responsible for data analysis and understanding of the legacy search data & structure.
- Identify any data issues or anomalies and provide data extraction & transformation tooling as required.
- Design data architecture for the target solution within Elasticsearch.
- Develop complex SQL procedures, views, scripts to denormalize data, create data assets, data extract, transfer, cleanse legacy ERS data, and load it to the target format or structure for search and reporting.
- Setup, configure, provision the Elasticsearch cluster.
- Perform data migration from the legacy system to the target solution for search and reporting (Elasticsearch/Databases)..
- Configure Elasticsearch plugins (e.g. Kibana, and so on) based on our requirements.
- Perform database analysis, SQL and DB solution performance tuning, perform all changes to the database, data model, database scripts, queries, store procedures, views, and so on.
- Perform migration testing, load testing, performance monitoring, and provide recommendations for improvements in database and application tuning.
- Provide application deployment assistance as required for implementation of planned implementation life-cycle services and deliverable.
- Provide problem/issue log investigation and troubleshooting, root cause analysis, impact assessment and options analysis; make recommendations to fix the problem, code and test the solution, and provide a code release and/or code drop to implement.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a track record of building high quality, scalable solutions.
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You have ideas to share on how we can clean and improve the quality of our product catalogue.
- You are experienced with AWS.
- You have experience in machine learning (natural language processing and learn-to-rank).
- You have a minimum of three years of Elasticsearch experience.
- Bonus points for experience in eCommerce.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!