Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to oversee a new product line. You will advance our vision through leadership of our technology planning and delivery. This role is central in developing and executing on strategies related to our long term technical roadmap. If this sounds like you, then read on!
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Select programming languages, libraries, frameworks, design tools, or applications needed to achieve strategic objectives.
- Oversee the technical development of our newest product line, including ownership of the technical vision and development.
- Think, strategize, architect and plan the end-to-end technical roadmap and lead a team to develop, align, and deliver on measurable goals.
- Maintain and evolve an engineering culture that emphasizes ownership, autonomy, quality, and speed of execution.
- Share technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide.
- Enrich and build a great team who are focused on delivering high-quality results with speed.
- Drive solutions that are client-centric and provide a broader view of what else is possible.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have at least seven years of experience in a software development role, including two years of experience overseeing teams.
- You have been responsible for technology strategy and direction in a complex, dynamic organization with multiple business lines and stakeholders in the past.
- You’re able to conduct research and analyses of technology.
- You have knowledge of technology trends.
- You have the ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate them with clear, logical thinking.
- You have a BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
You’re excited about joining us because…
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!