Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full-ownership and responsibility.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Finance to take ownership on core finance, accounting, and tax functions, including defining the finance function mandate and executing against it. You will be a key part of the broader leadership team in scaling the company through its growth phase.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Work across the company to direct and coordinate financial planning and budget management. Provide departments with timely, accurate, and reliable financial information to track performance and understand revenue and cost drivers.
- Prepare timely and insightful financial analysis and forecasts incorporating current data and meaningful benchmarks and targets in support of making business decisions.
- Maintain continual awareness of the company's financial position, cash flow, and financial performance and identify ways to mitigate risks and capitalize on opportunities.
- Establishing departmental goals, policies and operating procedures, along with implementing new technologies for scaling the company's financial capabilities.
- Manage all tax planning, compliance, regulatory and statutory reporting for all required federal, province, local, and payroll taxes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with auditors, counsel, bankers, lenders, and government agencies.
- Lead and support various corporate and business development initiatives including capital financing options to support company growth.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a professional accounting designation: CPA.
- You have experience in SaaS or startups.
- You have knowledge in M&A as well as fundraising.
- You are proficient in ASPE and US GAAP.
- You are passionate about scaling high growth businesses.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are a fast learner and genuinely enjoy seeking out the solution to problems.
- You love learning new ways to solve problems.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!