Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to scale our existing operations and ensure everything related to Accounting and Finance runs smoothly.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Direct and lead all aspects of accounting and finance including receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Implement financial strategies, analysis, forecasting and budget management.
- Perform long-term financial planning and analysis aimed at optimizing revenue, identifying risks, and outlining options.
- Coordinate M&A as well as tax planning to ensure compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Ensure a reliable system of internal controls are in place to adequately safeguard company assets.
- Support business operations and leaders by developing strategic plans.
- Develop and support strong external relationships with bankers, investment advisors, legal counsel, auditors and other providers of corporate services to the company.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a professional accounting designation: CPA.
- You have experience in SaaS or startups.
- You have knowledge in M&A as well as fundraising.
- You are proficient in ASPE and US GAAP
- You are passionate about scaling high growth businesses.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are a fast learner and genuinely enjoy seeking out the solution to problems.
- You love learning new ways to solve problems.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!