Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a passionate content creator and leader who is as excited about being a champion for the Spocket brand and product voice. This role will be central to owning all strategic decisions related to Spocket’s content, from blogs and articles, to social media and email campaigns. The Head of Content will be responsible for leveraging their creative flair and analytical mind to create campaigns and then continually tweak and improve content to optimize performance.
You’re excited about the role because…
Copywriting and Content:
- You will own conceptualizing, producing and managing the execution for storytelling across all of Spocket’s digital channels.
- You will deliver a multi-channel content marketing strategy and editorial plan that drives Spocket’s brand strategy and business objectives.
- You will ensure all content meets best practices in copy and aligns with internal strategy, including brand guidelines, tone-of-voice and SEO needs.
- You will oversee a team of external writers and contributors to create meaningful content that is valuable to Spocket’s audiences.
- You will use data to evaluate the effectiveness of Spocket’s content, and to drive content strategy and decision making.
- You will establish processes for requesting, creating, editing and publishing content and copy across all of Spocket’s teams.
- You will foster relationships with other thought-leaders in our market to develop partnerships and content exchanges.
- You will accelerate our social media channels and strategically evolve Spocket’s social presence.
- You will lead the production and creation of content on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Twitter as well as other emerging media platforms that serve our content strategy.
- You will work with Spocket’s designers to develop impactful marketing assets for videos, e-books, photos and other media content.
- You will be responsible for staying connected to new opportunities, trends and platform changes to optimize social and content delivery.
We’re excited to have you because…
-You have a strong understanding of digital platforms, including social media channels and Google Analytics.
- You know how to perform keyword analysis and have extensive experience with SEO and backlinking.
- You have a keen eye for visual design.
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
- You are an early adopter of tools and technologies that enable you to create best-in-class content.
- You have a minimum of three years of working experience in a similar role Bonus points for knowledge about Shopify / WooCommerce.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!