We're looking for a Ruby on Rails developer with 3+ years of experience with an additional 1+ years of experience having worked with PHP. We're looking for someone who has the technical know-how to build top-quality technology, with the knowledge and skillsets that allow you to be a valuable player in all of our day-to-day activities. You will work with other highly motivated team members, being involved in the coordination of feature developments across the product and marketing teams, in an environment that allows you to learn quickly and make a big impact.
Your responsibilities will include …
- Collaborating with the development, design and growth team to create scalable solutions
- Maintaining and developing features on the existing platform
- Iterating quickly and shipping code on a regular basis
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the code and the product
- Developing with a customer-first mentality, and providing them with the best possible experience
We’re excited to have you because you have …
- 4+ years as a developer or in a relevant role
- Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails API with a functional understanding of PHP
- Experience working with AWS
- Self-motivation and a passion for building relationships and growing the business
- Based in the Vancouver area and can join us in our beautiful downtown office
Bonus/nice to have …
- Familiarity and experience with the e-commerce market
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails (API)
- React & Redux
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, ElasticSearch)
You're excited about us because of…
- A small team, a fun startup, mentorship, and career growth with a nice record of growth in one year of business
- Competitive compensation + Equity
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, team travels and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our advisory team is experienced (eg. Uber, Amazon).
- Great technology stack
- We're helping tens of thousands of entrepreneurs around the world, and you will be on the forefront of this change.
- We care about the quality of our product, from design to customer support.
Our mission at Spocket is to rethink online retail and eliminate the need to hold inventory entirely. We use a model called dropshipping to make this happen. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 25,000 online retailers to the Spocket platform within a year and a half after our launch.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.