Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a high-energy part-time Junior Accountant to support on Spocket's Accounting activities. If this sounds like you, then read on!
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Review, match, code and record daily transactions.
- Reconcile bank, credit card, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Record journal entries and assist with month-end and year-end tasks.
- Scan and file accounting documents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Quickbooks Online.
- You have post-secondary education in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- You have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You’re detail oriented, high accuracy and strong organizational skills.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!