Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a Machine Learning (ML) Engineer to help us create artificial intelligence products. ML Engineer responsibilities include creating machine learning models and retraining systems. To do this job successfully, you need exceptional skills in statistics and programming. If you also have knowledge of data science and software engineering, we’d like to meet you.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Design and build end-to-end ML solutions to solve complex customer problems.
- Collaborate with applied researchers to ensure they are well-calibrated on the constraints of the production system, ensuring their research proceeds along practical pathways as they explore novel techniques to tackle previously unsolved problems.
- Effectively communicate technical machine learning results in a business context where most people are not machine learning experts.
- Build the systems to help applied researchers scale their models in a production environment.
- Exploring and visualizing data to gain an understanding of it, then identifying differences in data distribution that could affect performance when deploying the model in the real world.
- Understanding business objectives and developing models that help to achieve them, along with metrics to track their progress.
- Design experiments, including for offline prototypes in a statistically sound way that will provide actionable data and enable us to make reliable decisions as we iterate on a project.
- Promote excellence and best practices across the team in regards to research, implementation, tooling, and system design.
- Work cross-functionally with Product and design to deliver new features.
We’re excited to have you because you have…
- 3+ years of hands-on experience applying in ML and Recommender Systems, with deep understanding of supervised and unsupervised methods.
- 2+ years of experience applying Machine Learning in industry, especially related to Personalization.
- Familiarity with machine learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn).
- You have hands-on experience with AI or ML pipelines (AirFlow, Kafka, etc...).
- Successful track record of ownership in challenging cross-functional projects.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to design and build complex systems that have positively impacted the business.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!