Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a passionate Managing Editor who is as excited about being a champion for the Spocket brand and product voice. This role will be central to owning all strategic decisions related to Spocket’s content, from blogs and articles, to case studies and email campaigns. If this sounds like you, then read on!
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Provide strategic editorial direction and oversight of digital marketing content, including videos, blog posts, articles, email newsletters, and other digital media.
- Create, edit, proofread and publish content as needed.
- Review all content on digital platforms to identify content that should be revised or redesigned to reflect a new tone of voice.
- Work closely with the product designer to determine copy placement and other visual elements.
- Establish new and existing growth channels for dispersing new and recycled content, as well as consistently expanding outreach.
- Growing and maintaining backlink prospects with high traffic websites in the eCommerce field.
- Develop a brand tone and voice guide to be implemented across Spocket.
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to control the publication of content across our media channels.
- Provide detailed reportings and analyse traffic data using analytics platforms like Google analytics.
- Continuously improve site experience and content by staying up to date on media trends, providing insights and best practices.
- Challenge the status-quo in branded editorial content. Perform competitive research and recommend ways to incorporate the latest technology trends so our blog is at the forefront of digital content innovation.
- Use insights and analytics to develop inbound and outbound content discovery paths.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a strong understanding of digital platforms, including social media channels, digital platforms and Google Analytics.
- You know how to perform keyword analysis and have extensive experience with SEO and backlinking and using platforms like SEMRush or Ahrefs.
- You have a keen eye for visual design.
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
- You are an early adopter of tools and technologies that enable you to create best-in-class content.
- You have a minimum of three years of working experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge on wordpress and webflow is a plus.
- Bonus points for knowledge about eCommerce.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry. We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!