Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a high-energy Admin and Accounting Assistant to work 20 hours a week to ensure everything related to office operations runs smoothly, which in turn sets the foundation for us to scale our existing operations.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Assist our Accounting team by adding recurring bills and credit card charges to Quickbooks, updating spreadsheets for monthly analysis, and organizing financial documents.
- Follow up on missing receipts from the team, and upload these to our HubDoc system.
- Scan, file, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries, including collecting post from other locations.
- Own all of our office operations, including mandatory training as set by building management.
- Upload our LinkedIn applicants onto our recruitment system, to consolidate our applicants and offer a great candidate experience.
- Be responsible for managing our awards lists and applications, ensuring deadlines are met.
- Assist our People and Culture team by scheduling new joiner onboarding meetings with key people in our team.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have one year of experience in a similar role.
- You’re knowledgeable in the Google suite.
- You’re working towards a Business/Accounting diploma.
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are a fast learner and genuinely enjoy seeking out the solution to problems.
- You love learning new ways to solve problems.
- You’re excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You’re overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
- Experience with Quickbooks online is a plus.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!