Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a proactive Quality Assurance Engineer to manage and communicate Customer Support technical issues to the Engineering team. If this sounds like you, then read on!
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Participate in requirement/specifications review, test planning, creation, review and execution of test cases, defect reporting, and defect verification.
- Perform functional, non-functional, regression, integration, performance testing.
- Collaborate with other team members during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers.
- Provide root cause analysis to escalations and other important issues.
- Build subject matter expertise in product domains and utilize the knowledge to provide estimate, identity mitigated risks, assess product quality and release readiness.
- Participate in documentation of QA team methodologies and technical knowledge base for posterity’s sake.
- Provide meaningful feedback to management on critical issues in a timely fashion, with relevant suggestions.
- Work with the team in definition and implementation of new QA Tools.
- Take initiative on QA automation strategy.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and find the right balance between delivering quality products and aggressive release cycles.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a minimum of four years of working experience in a similar role.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment.
- Expert knowledge of software quality assurance concepts and principles.
- Expert knowledge in developing comprehensive and scenario-based test plans and test cases given business requirements/user stories.
- Strong knowledge of software, QA methodologies, tools, and best practise.
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements.
- Proven record of analytical and troubleshooting skills...
- Hands-on experience with both black box and grey box testing.
- Solid knowledge of relational database concepts and Simple Query Language (SQL scripts).
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools.
- Bonus points for knowledge about Shopify/WooCommerce/BigCommerce/Wix.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!