Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full ownership and responsibility.
We are looking for a self-motivated experienced Senior Accountant to assist us with all aspects of finance and accounting and ensures financial operations run smoothly.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Look after full cycle accounting including and not limited to month-end procedures, reconciliations and timely financial reporting.
- Responsible for processing vendor payments and reconciling vendor and supplier schedules in line with the company’s financial policies and procedures.
- Look after payroll and contractors’ payments and ensure compliance with annual and ad-hoc filing requirements (e.g. T4s, ROEs, and other payroll-related filings).
- Recommend and develop financial and operational procedures to improve operational efficiencies and mitigate internal control issues.
- Prepare and file GST and PST filings and maintain proper documentation for any other sales tax requirements.
- Provide senior management with proactive, timely, accurate and complete regular and ad-hoc financial analyses.
- Assist external accountants with preparing audit and tax working papers for annual filings such as SR&ED claims, tax returns, etc.
- Assist with developing and implementing budgeting and forecasting procedures.
Other exciting future projects could include…
- Actively engage in various strategic projects. Attend planning meetings, advise on finance requirements and process improvements, and assist with implementation.
- Assist with implementing a new ERP system as the company grows.
- Support senior management with investor relations and updates.
- Assist senior management with potential M&A and strategic growth initiatives.
We’re excited to have you because…
- You have a professional accounting designation: CPA, CA or CGA preferably with public practice experience.
- You have experience in SaaS or startups.
- You are comfortable with ASPE and US GAAP.
- You are passionate about scaling high-growth businesses.
- You are never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are a fast learner and genuinely enjoy seeking out the solution to problems.
- You love learning new ways to solve problems.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
- You are overflowing with positive energy that other people draw upon and enjoy collaborating with.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!