Spocket is revolutionizing the world of ecommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up everyday. Today, Spocket enables over 50,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with extensive software development experience, who is excited about the prospect of working with new technologies to develop innovative solutions to solve real-world problems. You have been in the trenches of complex, production level software from ideation to completion. As a Senior Engineer on the Spocket team, you will be directly involved in the planning and creation of new technical projects to grow Spocket's platform to the next level.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Work with a highly skilled team of engineers to turn business requirements into technical requirements with clear technical specifications.
- Play an integral role in the architectural and development process of new projects.
- Collaborate with the development, design and growth team to come up with innovative and scalable solutions for Spocket.
- Develop and maintain key features of the existing platform.
- Uncover new and innovative ways to enhance customer experience and platform useability.
- Maintain, manage and scale our current stack on an ongoing basis.
- Have ownership and responsibility of the code and the product.
We're excited to have you because...
- You have 6+ years of backend development experience, and have track record for building high quality, scalable software.
- You are a quick learner and have an innovative, adaptive mindset to software engineering.
- You love to iterate quickly and ship code on a regular basis.
- You develop with a customer-first mentality, and love to provide users with the best experience possible.
- You’re never satisfied with the status quo because you have relentlessly high standards.
- You are self-motivated and have a passion for building relationships and growing a business.
- You are excited to work in an environment that involves continual adaptation and change.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!