Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full ownership, and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer with extensive software development experience, who is excited about the prospect of working with new technologies to develop innovative solutions to solve real-world problems. Ideally, you have been in the trenches of complex, production-level software from ideation to completion. As a Senior Engineer on the Spocket team, you will be directly involved in the planning and creation of new technology projects to grow Spocket's platform to the next level.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Work with a highly skilled team of engineers to turn business requirements into technical requirements with clear technical specifications.
- Play an integral role in the architectural and development process of new projects.
- Collaborate with product management teams to implement accurate backend/web tracking and guarantee accurate data representation.
- Develop and maintain key features of the existing platform.
- Uncover new and innovative ways to enhance customer experience and platform useability.
- Maintain, manage and scale our current stack on an ongoing basis.
- Have ownership and responsibility for the code and the product.
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills…
- 6+ years backend development experience and have a track record for building high-quality, scalable software.
- 3+ years experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- Developing and integrating with RESTFul APIs.
- SQL expertise, prior success working with complex multi-layer SQL scripts.
- Experience planning and implementing third party integrations with platforms like Shopify or Stripe
- Experience with data analysis and graphing tools like Metabase or Grafana.
- Experience with multiple architectures such as monolithic and microservices.
- Experience with multiple testing tools, methodologies, and strategies such as unit, integration, and end to end.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We can help facilitate the sponsorship process for Canadian Permanent Residency, contingent upon completion of 24 months of work and performance review