Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full ownership, and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer for Search with extensive software development experience, who has seen it all and could help us bring our search and data infrastructure to the next level. You have solved performance issues at scale multiple times, you have worked with a variety of setups to achieve the best in class searching API performance. You are able to construct scalable and reliable workflows that efficiently process big datasets. You can help us to (re-)organize our data to meet the needs of tomorrow.
We need your help with:
- Developing and operating search software, including indexing, query parsing, and algorithms
- Designing and deploying high-performance RESTful web services
- Scaling search server clusters to accommodate increasing traffic by performance tuning
- Improving search relevance using text matching algorithms and other techniques
- Design search engine monitoring tools, as well as scalable backend services and tools
- Write automated unit test cases for search engines and troubleshoot search relevance issues
- Improve the reliability, efficiency, scalability, and latency of existing services and processes
- Collaborate with data analysts, developers, and others in a cross-functional team to resolve problems
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills:
- 6+ years of platform development experience and have a track record for building high-quality, scalable software.
- 3+ years of backend experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- Expert knowledge configuring and maintaining search engine platforms such as ElasticSearch, Lucene, etc.
- Experience implementing search engine platforms, including shards, builds of indexes, and refined searches across structured, unstructured, and semi-structured datasets
- Experience with automated processes and techniques for bulk indexing of large-scale datasets
- Building RESTful APIs for e-commerce applications with access to hundreds of millions of data points.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We can help facilitate the sponsorship process for Canadian Permanent Residency, contingent upon completion of 24 months of work and performance review