Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us to find opportunities in the data to shift our product focus, modelling predictions, and setting a culture of rigorous experimental testing. At Spocket, a data scientist will drive strategic decisions and influence product managers/leadership to take new initiatives. To do this job successfully, you need mastery of SQL, strong quantitative logic, core statistical knowledge, and instinctive product sense.
You’re excited about the role because you will…
- Lead data science projects from start to finish, identifying opportunities, defining the problem, building a proof of concept, and deploying a data product.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with our growth products.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Set KPIs and goals, design and evaluate experiments, monitor key product metrics, understand root causes of changes in metrics.
- Conduct data mining on guests and various data sources for insights; generate hypotheses to test for product assortment opportunities.
- Work with Product and Engineering to define the business problems and create solutions by collaboratively working with others.
- Visualize and communicate results to leadership in Product.
We’re excited to have you because you have…
- 3+ years of experience doing quantitative analysis, preferably for a web or mobile company.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages.
- Core statistical knowledge.
- Proven experience leading data-driven projects from definition to execution: defining metrics, experiment design, communicating actionable insights.
- Experience leading analytics teams - advantage.
- Python, R or any other scripting language – advantage.
- Demonstrated experience applying machine learning and data mining techniques.
- Successful track record of ownership in challenging cross-functional projects.
You’re excited about joining Spocket because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!