Spocket is revolutionizing the world of eCommerce as we know it today. Because of Spocket, a mom from the United Kingdom, or a teacher from Saudi Arabia can start their own businesses with our platform.
At Spocket, we are on a mission to empower millions of online entrepreneurs. This is why we wake up every day. Today, Spocket enables over 60,000+ entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
On the outside, we’re building something life-changing for entrepreneurs. Helping them achieve their goals is why we’re all here. Changing an entire industry isn’t always a straight path forward, but it’s an experience unlike anything else.
On the inside, we are a fun and passionate group of people striving to build a world-class culture of freedom, full-ownership and responsibility.
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer with extensive software development experience, who is excited about the prospect of working with new technologies to develop innovative solutions to solve real-world problems. You have been in the trenches of complex, production-level software from ideation to completion.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Work with a highly skilled team of engineers to turn business requirements into technical requirements with clear technical specifications.
- Play an integral role in the architectural and development process of new projects.
- Collaborate with the development, design and growth team to come up with innovative and scalable solutions.
- Develop and maintain key features of the existing platform.
- Uncover new and innovative ways to enhance customer experience and platform usability.
- Maintain, manage and scale our current stack on an ongoing basis.
- Have ownership and responsibility of the code and the product.
We’re excited to have you because you have these skills…
- 7+ years of software development experience and have a track record for building high-quality, maintainable, tested, documented, and scalable software.
- Backend experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with modern frontend development (technologies, methodologies, tools, and frameworks, e.g.: React or Vue).
- Experience developing and integrating with RESTFul APIs.
- Experience with SQL databases and NoSQL data stores.
- Experience with multiple architectures such as monolithic and microservices.
- Experience with multiple testing tools (Mocha/Jest/Cypress/Selenium), methodologies, and strategies such as unit, integration, and end to end.
You’re excited about joining because...
- We take care of our teammates. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing technology startup and taking care of our team on this journey is a priority.
- We have curated a mission-driven workplace in which we believe in a positive and supportive team.
- We offer all teammates the opportunity to provide insights on strategy and improve processes across the business.
- You are eager to learn more about the fast-growing e-commerce industry.
- We have an awesome and easily accessible office in Yaletown with snacks and fun people.
- We love hanging out. A team that has fun together, stays together!
- We offer benefits so you can focus on building an awesome company!
If this sounds like a great fit for you, please apply now!