Spocket is seeking a data-driven director to drive new customer acquisition efforts within paid and performance channels with an aim towards rapid growth.
We are seeking an experienced performance marketing guru to join forces, to help ensure Spocket’s continued growth. The Director of Growth is expected to be a key revenue and profit driver for the company, ultimately with end-to-end performance marketing responsibility across the lifecycle of the customer experience—acquisition, conversion, analytics and attribution. The ideal candidate is meticulous about driving a quality audience to conversion in continuity, reducing acquisition costs while increasing customer lifetime value. This person should have a focus on (and love for) analytics – testing and establishing various customer segments and targeted messages while also establishing which channels are most efficient and where our marketing efforts and budgets should be directed. The integration of marketing principles with data driven results is critical.
You have 5 years of experience in digital marketing and advertising; managing paid search, paid social, programmatic display, and remarketing campaigns, in a performance marketing or agency environment. You've been successful at increasing awareness, acquiring leads and users, as well as delivering against revenue targets. You are an experienced user of Google Adwords and Facebook/Instagram ads and have an extensive background working in search marketing. You have set up and optimized campaigns across channels including all QA campaign trafficking and internal tracking to accurately capture media performance.
In this role you will be responsible for...
- Define marketing strategy for customer acquisition and sustainable long-term growth of the business
- Define best-in-class practices for each digital marketing channel – social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Quora, Reddit), SEM/SEO, affiliates, email, display, ads, traditional media – to drive sales, profit and engagement
- Maximize media spend through rigorous creative testing and optimization.
Communicate strategies and results to senior management
- Lead, mentor and grow a high-performing team
- Effectively allocate and manage a growing but nimble marketing budget.
Manage Spocket’s media budget & recommended budget allocations based on analytics & key KPIs
- Provide thoughtful leadership and perspective for adoption of emerging media & technology
- Collaborate with product, design and engineering to optimize conversion and drive marketing spend efficiency
- Drive the performance marketing attribution methodology for Spocket
Report & analyze last-click and multi-touch attribution to develop understanding of the impact of spend as well as online & offline interaction in the funnel
- Must aggressively track, measure and report cohorts and conversion metrics across all campaigns daily
- Partner with technical team in creating ways to monitor all stages of the acquisition funnel, from initial awareness creation to new subscriber sign up
Review aggregated data sets and draw out high level insights with recommendations
- Provide weekly/monthly/quarterly trend and performance reports to stakeholders (Marketing, Finance, Product + Executive Team)
- Monitor, analyze, and report on KPIs to ensure marketing initiatives are driving profitable acquisition Use web analytics and business intelligence tools such as Google Analytics and internal dashboards to better understand our customers and exploit those insights in marketing campaigns
We’re excited to have you because you have …
- Track record of success, in a high-growth B2C company, SaaS and startup experience
- You are both right brained and left brained, can think big picture and have the ability to execute.
- Successful track record of scaling / increasing subscriber acquisition, engagement and retention while limiting costs and maximizing lifetime value for online and mobile audiences
- Strong background in direct response, owned and earned media, PR, and social specifically in the B2C space
- Must have experience attracting top talent and mentoring high performing marketers
- Track record of innovation using emerging marketing channels across the web and mobile platforms
Experience with email/notifications, SEO
Our mission at Spocket is to rethink online retail and eliminate the need to hold inventory entirely. We use a model called dropshipping to make this happen. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 25,000 online retailers to the Spocket platform within a year and half after our launch.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.