Spocket is using Machine Learning to revolutionize dropshipping market and help online retailers compete with Amazon, by removing the need to hold inventory or having any upfront cost for retailers. Spocket enables over 20,000 entrepreneurs across five continents to launch and scale their online stores.
We are backed by awesome investors (Techstars, Mistral Ventures, 7Gate Ventures) and striving to build a world-class culture of freedom and responsibility.
We're looking for a full-stack software engineer with 6+ years of experience, and has spent 3+ years developing data-driven products using machine learning algorithms. Working alongside the development team, you will also be finding new and innovative ways to enhance customer experience and platform usability.
As we've been in operation for over a year and a half, our dataset of user behaviour, products and sales trends continues to grow, and will become the building blocks that enable us to provide a personalized experience for our retailers. By collaborating with the engineering, sales and support teams, you will gain an understanding of user needs, and will take initiative in solving problems, and identifying trends and opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include …
- Collaborating with the development, design and growth team to create scalable solutions
- Architecting and implementing machine learning algorithms into our software
- Integrate customer, product and sales related datasets for data modelling
- Maintaining and developing features on the existing platform
- Being a key driver in the upcoming innovations that Spocket is building
- Iterating quickly and shipping code on a regular basis
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the code and the product
- Developing with a customer-first mentality, and providing them with the best possible experience
We’re excited to have you because you have …
- 6+ years as a software engineer or in a relevant role
- 3+ years working with adding machine learning into production-level software
- Extensive experience with AWS
- Self motivation and a passion for building relationships and growing the business
- Based in the Vancouver area or willing to relocate (We will help with the moving and visa)
Bonus/nice to have …
- Industry experience with e-commerce or search related platforms
- Familiarity and experience with the e-commerce market
Technologies we use and teach:
- Ruby on Rails (API)
- React & Redux
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, ElasticSearch)
You're excited about us because we are…
- A small team, a fun startup, mentorship, and career growth with a nice record of growth in one year of business
- Competitive compensation + Equity ($50k-$500k depending on experience and contribution)
- Perks and benefits (full extended health and dental plan for you and your family, team travels and more!)
- We’re growing fast. You will get in on the ground floor of something that’s going to change an entire industry.
- Learn from the best. Our advisory team is experienced (eg. Uber, Amazon).
- Great technology stack
- The business is helping tens of thousands of entrepreneurs around the world, and you will be in the forefront of this change.
- We care about the quality of our product, from design to customer support.
Are you ready to be the rockstar in the e-commerce market?
Over 3M independent online retailers around the world are constantly looking to add fresh products to their stores- these retailers are taking a big chunk of the e-commerce sales: a market that is expected to double up and hit $4.48 trillion by 2021. However, the online retail market is extremely difficult for independent players. Small-medium online retailers are troubled with complications regarding buying products in bulk and holding inventory to ensure good discounts, fulfilling orders, providing customer support and stocking the trendiest products to keep up in the market . Spocket removes all these burdens from the retailer’s shoulders, and lets them easily source products from reliable suppliers. No upfront cost and no inventory requirements- only great products at deeply discounted prices. When a retailer sells a product, Spocket automatically fulfill the orders to the end consumer, erasing all manual labor.
Our mission at Spocket is to rethink online retail and eliminate the need to hold inventory entirely. We use a model called dropshipping to make this happen. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 20,000 online retailers to the Spocket platform within a year after our launch.
We are backed by awesome investors (Techstars, Mistral Ventures, 7Gate Ventures) and we were named one of the top 10 companies in the Pacific Northwest innovation ecosystem.
Spocket provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.